Don’t keep looking up at Heaven and hoping you are going to make it, experience it here on earth now.
The number of people having accidents with ladders is scary. Did you know that 30,000 people fall off ladders every year? Were you aware that 6,000 die from falling off ladders each year? First principle in using a ladder is to make sure it is stable. Impatience and carelessness causes us to stand a ladder on uneven ground or platform or even prop it on against an unstable gutter. There is a superstition about walking under ladders because it brings bad luck. I am not a superstitious person but I don’t walk under a ladder because it is dangerous, the ladder might fall on me. My husband takes a great delight walking under a ladder and proving the superstition wrong. He has successfully survived Lady Luck and escaped falling ladders.
Some further ideas for the safety conscious.
- Don’t be silly enough to stand the ladder on top of another object making it unstable.
- When using an A frame ladder make sure the brace is locked in place.
- Never leave ladders unattended, – kids just love to climb them.
So much for these few tips.
Now for a few tips on how to buy real estate in Heaven; when we think of Heaven we think of sitting on fluffy clouds, playing a harp, walking on streets of gold, and living the good life.
But that is just one of those myths invented eagerly by someone wanting to dodge the real issue.
It really is very simple to obtain real estate in Heaven; and it isn’t by climbing the ladder, or being good for Father Christmas even trying to bribe God with our works of charity.
- All that has to happen is to believe that God is; that he has sent Jesus to mediate between us and God. ‘For if you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from dead, you will be saved.’ (Romans 10: 9 LB)
- Accepting the death of Christ on the cross as a work of reconciliation, which is, restoring our union with God that was broken by our rejection of Christ. ‘It was through what his Son did that God cleared a path for everything to come to him – all things in heaven and on earth – for Christ’s death on the cross has made peace with God for all by his blood.’(Colossians 1: 20 – 23 LB)
Recognising Christ as God’s son and accepting him will obtain real estate in Heaven. Of course, there is a little more that can be done like allowing Christ to access our life to live his life through us. ‘But if you give yourself to the Lord, you and Christ are joined together as one person.’(1 Corinthians 6: 17 LB)
Allowing God to direct us and use us and give purpose to our lives. It’s not just about owning a bit of real estate in Heaven it’s also about living a useful, purposeful and happy life here. It’s about living heaven here on earth. ‘…remembering that it is the Lord Christ who is going to pay you, giving you your full portion of all he owns. He is the one you are really working for.’(Colossians 3: 24)